Looking for affordable family fun? Look no further than Sharks Ice!
Bring your family and friends to experience the Bay Area’s premiere ice skating and hockey facilities! Public skating sessions are available at all three bay area locations in Oakland, Fremont and San Jose.
All facilities are open seven days a week. View our current schedule and pre-register for a session below. Plus—we even have skates that you can rent!
Sharks Ice …This is fun Territory!
Public Session Admission Prices:
General Admission: $14.00
Children (12 & Under): $13.00
Senior (55 & Over): $9.50
Skate Rental: $6.00
Single rental with paid admission: $6.00
Pre-Purchase 12 rentals with paid admission: $60.00
*Sharks Ice offers both figure skates and hockey skates for rent.
General12 Admissions (Price of 10): $140.00
Children 12 Admissions (Price of 10): $130.00
12 Skate Rental (Price of 10): $60.00
Monday Night Special (Non-“Holiday Ice”): $12.00
Tuesday Night Adults Only (Non-"Holiday Ice"): Regular General Admissions pricing
Discounted Group Rate (Groups of 10 or more paying together):
General $17.00*, Children $16.00*
*Price includes skate rental
Buckets are used to assist new skaters to enhance their experience at Sharks Ice. They should be stacked at waist level and used for balancing and assisting beginner skaters. Buckets are allowed on the public session during weekend day sessions or whenever there is a scheduled birthday party with the Party Coordinator. Furthermore, buckets will be allowed on busy regular “National Holiday” sessions which will be determined by management. Buckets are to be used only in the designated area. Please adhere to remaining Bucket Session rules located below and at the entrance to the ice.
Groups of 20 or more Information
Contact Stephanie Conroy for more information about groups at firstname.lastname@example.org
Groups of 20 or less do NOT need to make reservations to come to Public Session.
It is recommended that groups of 21+ email the date, time, and approximate number of skaters to Group Sales to ensure we are properly staffed and can accommodate your group.
- All prices & schedule subject to change.
- Protective equipment, warm clothing, gloves recommended.
- NO PETS, OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES ALLOWED.
Participants and skaters assume all risks and danger of personal injury arising from or related in any way to admission to the Sharks Ice San Jose and including specifically (but not exclusively) the danger of being injured by ice skates, hockey pucks and sticks, other spectators or ice skaters, or by thrown objects. Holder agrees that the Sharks Ice San Jose, City of San Jose, Sharks Ice LLC, San Jose Sharks LLC.; and its employees are expressly released by Holder for claims arising from such causes. Holder further agrees to abide by the policies of Sharks Ice and the instructions of Sharks Ice personnel. By the purchase of this ticket, the Holder consents to the use of his/her image, without payment of consideration, in any news broadcasts, commercial broadcasts, advertising or promotional publicity for the Sharks Ice.
- All skaters must purchase a public session sticker and visibly affix that sticker to their clothing.
- No running or horseplay.
- No stick or puck play (ball) allowed outside of the playing surfaces.
- No food or beverages allowed on the ice at anytime.
- No smoking within Sharks Ice.
- Skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skaters safety or pleasure is strictly forbidden. Example: no spins or jumps
- Roughness, excessive speeding or weaving through other skaters is prohibited.
- Skaters are not allowed to play their program music over the Public Session music
- Skaters are not allowed to wear headphones during Public Session
- No tag or games of any kind are permitted on or off the ice.
- No more than two people may skate together.
- No one is permitted on the ice without skates.
- While on the ice, skaters must keep moving.
- Skaters are not allowed to carry children or secondary items such as cameras, handbags, etc. while skating.
- Patrons must not sit on, lean over, or leave articles on the dasher boards.
- All exits are to be kept clear at all times.
- No dogs or pets of any kind are permitted on the premises.
- Incidents or malicious destruction are to be reported to the manager/supervisor immediately.
- No one is allowed on the ice during resurfacing. Zamboni doors must be closed before anyone is permitted onto the playing surface.
- Throwing snowballs or any objects is strictly prohibited.
- Figure skating harness usage during public session is prohibited.
- Sharks Ice is not responsible for any personal items stolen or left within or around the premises.
Bucket Session Rules
- Buckets are only to be used by beginner skaters who need assistance standing or staying upright while attempting to skate.
- Bucket stacks should be waist high at all times when using to avoid injury.
- By using buckets stacked at the appropriate level, beginner skaters can push the buckets in the bucket section to help keep their balance and become accustomed to the ice.
- Please keep buckets within the designated area.
- No sitting or lying on buckets is permitted.
- No sitting or pushing a guest who is sitting on top of buckets.
- Please do not skate with two or more stacks of buckets.
- Please be respectful of those trying to learn ice skating while in the bucket section.
- Games are not allowed to be played with buckets.
- Abuse of these guidelines or staff direction will result in ejection from the facility.
- Please remember these safety guidelines, and above all, have fun!